VIPAirsoft fully acknowledges and recognizes the emergence and influence of social media as well as the rights of its employees to actively participate in such activities. It is however, in the company’s best interests that certain regulations be set in the usage of social media, especially when the usage directly affects company processes, production and morale. It is for that purpose that the company has chosen to willfully uphold this policy.
VIPAirsoft also acknowledges the inherent right of its employees as mandated by higher institutions. Willful violations of these policies will warrant appropriate sanctions and may include immediate termination of employment.
ALL employees are required to adhere to the following standards:
- Only employees authorized to utilize company social media channels are permitted to engage in social media during scheduled work hours.
- Practice proper conduct and decorum when interacting with other social media users – you are an extension of the company.
- Strictly comply with the company’s confidentiality policies.
- Be kind and courteous to fellow associates, customers and suppliers who work on behalf of VIPAirsoft.
- The posting of complaints, criticism, photographs, video or audio that could reasonably be viewed as malicious, obscene, threatening or intimidating that disparage customers, coworkers, suppliers or the company will be considered harassment and/or bullying. Examples of such conduct may include offensive posts meant to intentionally harm someone’s reputation or posts that could contribute to a hostile work environment.
- Avoid posting inappropriate posts, whether publicly or within private chat threads, that may include discriminatory remarks, harassment, threats of violence, release of company information or release of personal information of coworkers, customers or suppliers will result in disciplinary action up to and including immediate termination.
- Avoid taking things that belong to someone else. This includes personal photos, videos, posts and publications of coworkers, customers and/or suppliers. This also includes copyrighted publications and logos that are trademarked by VIPAirsoft Arena to be used outside of company business.
Social media includes all means of communicating or posting information or content of any sort on the internet, including to your own or someone else’s web log or blog, personal website, social networking or affinity website, web bulletin board or chat room, private chat thread, direct message, whether or not associated or affiliated with VIPAirsoft as well as any other form of electronic communication. The same principles and guidelines found in the Professional Ethics and Code of Conduct policy, Harassment and Discrimination Policy apply to your activities online.
We understand and encourage our employees to develop friendships and positive platonic relationships between each other and our players because it helps create a fun and cooperative work environment; however, certain behaviors that model harassment, disclose confidential company business or create a hostile working environment are not welcome in the workplace.
Moving forward, any demonstration of social media misconduct, as defined above, will not be tolerated.
A few legal notations: an employer has a right and ability to intervene when an employee’s online actions are placing the employer, other employees or customers at risk, such as betraying confidential information or threatening or harassing a co-worker or customer. Employers can also act when an employee and has crossed a line and acted disloyally.
I have read and acknowledge the information herein pertaining to the Social Media Code of Conduct and behavior expectations.