All employees, please be aware of the following schedule policy:
- All staff are expected to arrive at least 10 minutes prior to their posted schedule time to clock in and ready themselves for their shift.
- Time Off schedule requests must be submitted to the schedule program at least 10 business days prior to the intended time off.
- Time Off Requests are not guaranteed!
- There will be no Time Off Requests accepted during high traffic time periods such as Spring Break, Fall Break, Winter Break or Black Friday. Any Time Off Requests for these time frames must be handled directly with a manager and are never guaranteed except in emergency situations.
- Management are the only staff who can authorize a schedule change of any kind.
- Shift trades and shift pooling must be submitted into the schedule program and approved by management at least one business day prior.
- When calling in sick, be sure to call at least 2 hours prior to your shift start. You must call a manager only. Calling or texting a coworker about an illness will not be valid. If you miss more than two days due to illness, a doctor’s note will be required to return to work.
- Absences are considered no call/no show if another staff member arrives for your posted shift and the trade is not reflected in the schedule program and approved by management.
- Shift pooling is not allowed to be posted on the same day as your scheduled shift. Any shift pools posted same day may be declined and you will be expected to arrive for your shift as scheduled. It will be considered a no call/no show if you do not arrive on time. If you are unable to work your shift due to an emergency, a member of upper management must be contacted at least 2 hours prior to your shift start.
- If time off or shift pool requests are not approved, you are responsible and expected to work your shift as posted.
- Management holds the right to shorten shifts or excuse an employee prior to the end of their scheduled shift at the discretion of customer attendance and necessity for staff.
- Upon initial hiring, the availability you claimed on your job application will be input on your behalf. You will be expected to remain at that availability for the first 60 days of your employment. After the probation period has passed, you may update your own availability, but note that any significant decrease in availability during high traffic sessions like Friday-Sunday may result in the loss of shifts and/or termination of your employment. We hired you based on your availability – we expect you to hold up to it.
- BLACK FRIDAY IS A MANDATORY WORK DAY
A tardy occurs when an employee is not at their workplace within 15 minutes of their scheduled start time. The only exception is if the employee informs a manager before their shift start that they are running late and provide a time they expect to arrive. If the employee expects a significantly late arrival of 30 minutes or more past their scheduled start time, they may be forced to forfeit their shift to another staff member who can arrive sooner.
No Call/No Show Policy
If an employee has 2 nonconsecutive no call/no shows in a 3 month period, it will result in cut hours, management counseling and possible termination of employment at the discretion of management.
If an employee has 2 consecutive no call/no shows in a 3 month period, it will be considered voluntary resignation and will result in termination of employment.
If an employee has 1 no call/no show during peak times such as holiday hours, school breaks or other special events like Black Friday, it will be considered voluntary resignation and will result in termination of employment.
Please note that we try to be as accommodating as we can to the various circumstances in life, however we cannot accommodate everyone simultaneously and expect our employees to understand their obligations to the posted schedule. We recommend not booking any hotels, purchasing any tickets or making any other travel related purchases until after your request(s) have been approved in order to avoid issues.
I acknowledge receipt of and understanding of the VIPAirsoft Schedule Policy