Make a mental note of all the fire extinguishers and exit doors. The field has heat activated detectors and sprinklers that will set of automatically if a fire breaks out.
In case of a fire- make sure all players are taken to the front parking lot. Gilbert – by the lake, Phoenix – by the Bosa Donuts. Do not let players pack their gear! Just get them out. Managers will check for stragglers, grab the First Aid Kit and a Waiver Console device.
If we have to empty the building, everyone should be gathered for role call based on the Waiver Console “Check-Ins” and the scheduling system to determine who SHOULD be outside.
When emergency responders show up, tell them of any missing players, anyone who is injured and any other information they ask for.
STAY CALM! Chaos creates chaos!
THREATS – ROBBERY – ACTIVE SHOOTER
- Give them your full attention and speak in a calm neutral tone.
- Make sure your hands are open, empty and visible.
- Ask if the other players and staff can leave.
- If yes, empty the building quickly and calmly
- If no, abide and do not argue.
- If they have a weapon- do not argue.
- If they want money, just empty the register without question.
Studies show that if an attack is going to happen – it will occur in the first 2 minutes of an encounter. It is important to stay calm.